In an effort to continue the growth our NBRSA membership and help develop the skill-sets of our current members, our NBRSA leadership team is launching a “Regional Mentorship” program.
Improve your skills with the right mentorship
Our NBRSA Regional Directors and Officers realize it is very difficult for a new shooter to enter our beloved sport due to the steep learning curve. That’s why we want to create a way for new shooters to access the training and mentorship necessary to learn the many skills needed to find a level of success they may continue to build on.
There are several excellent Benchrest books from shooting greats such as Tony Boyer, Mike Ratigan and Glenn Newick. However, we all agree, nothing can replace some very good “hands-on” basic benchrest skills training!
This is why we want provide a way for those who are looking to improve their skills to connect with the mentors that can help them learn and grow in the sport.
Mentorship isn’t just for new shooters
Our Regional Mentorship Program isn’t just for new shooters! We believe that anyone can benefit from good mentorship. If you’re struggling with your equipment or feeling limited in your skill-sets, the mentorship program can help you achieve the level of success you’re looking for.
Much like golf, the better you play, the more you will enjoy the sport. We believe Benchrest shooting, whether it’s Long Range, Score or Group shooting, is much the same way. If you’re not playing golf (or shooting) well because of a lack of skill you’ll become very frustrated and may look for another sport.
Check back often to stay connected
This page will be a one stop place for all the information to learn more about the sport, make friends and get some mentorship advice from more experienced shooters. Check back regularly as we will be putting up new updates, tips, and volunteer information that will help you get the most out of the sport.
Find a mentor
The following volunteers will be assisting with all aspects of shooting from loaning their equipment, to hands on training in their specific disciplines. Please feel free to contact any of the following volunteer mentors for assistance. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Cell: (440) 590-5299
- Area of Availability:“Chippewa Rifle Club, but I will also be attending the major Group BR matches next year and will be available to work with any new shooters or current NBRSA members.”
- Cell: (701) 729-2929
- Area of Availability:“My home range is the Clearview Rifle Range in Wolverton, MN. I am happy to mentor any new shooters in the North Dakota and Minnesota states.”
- Cell: (714) 478-3473
- Area of Availability:“I would like to volunteer for the Southern California Region. Specifically Los Angeles , Orange and San Bernardino counties. The location would be the Angeles Shooting Range.”
- Shop: (210) 368-9010
- Cell: (972) 672-6630
- Area of Availability:“The Dietz Range is our local BR Club here in New Braunfels, Texas”
- Cell: (434) 589-5379
- Area of Availability:“I have access to a private 100 yd and 200 yd range close to my home in Scottsville, VA”
- Phone: 315 879-7981
- Area of Availability:“I would be willing to help anyone near the Las Vegas area at the Desert Sportsman Rifle & Pistol Club Las Vegas, NV”
- Cell: (610) 496-6768
- Area of Availability:“I am happy to teach new shooters that live around Weikert, Union County or The Greenhills Sportsman Club, PA”
- Cell: (832) 689-4157
- Area of Availability:“Shooters at the Tomball Gun Club. I am usually there on Sundays but not many other days due to business commitments.”
- Cell: (330) 592-3260
- Area of Availability:“My home range is Chippewa Rifle Club, Hinckley, OH.”
- Home: (816) 586-9475
- Area of Availability:“The range used will be at my home in MO”.
- Cell: (434) 665-2066
- Area of Availability:“I’m always willing to work with shooters on practice days prior to matches starting. I also offer private classes (daily rates apply) at my home range in Virginia”.
- Area of Availability:“My local club is Delaware County Field and Stream Association located in Brookhaven, PA which is a western suburb of Philly”.
- Area of Availability:“Jim is willing to work with new and experienced Score shooters in the Western South Carolina region”.
- Area of Availability:“Durward is able to meet at Llano Estacada shooting range, Lubbock, Tx”.
- Phone: 432-528-8718
- Area of Availability:“Midland Shooters Association, Midland, TX is my home range”.
- Cell: (205) 317-6510
- Area of Availability:“I have a private practice range with heated and cooled loading building near Oneonta AL. I’m also a life member of Brock’s Gap Training Center in Hoover. I’ll be glad to invite any shooter, new or otherwise to my practice range. If you are curious about benchrest give me a call or send a text and I’ll be happy to show you what short range benchrest is about.”
- Phone: (314) 398-3578
- Area of Availability:“His home range is St. Louis Benchrest Club in Wright City, MO.”
- Area of Availability:“My home range is the Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club”
- Phone: 608-577-5193
- Area of Availability:“I shoot 600, 1,000 and 100/200 score. I would be willing to mentor people in Wisconsin. My home ranges are Columbus Sportsman’s Association, Columbus WI, and Winnequah Gun Club, Lodi WI. “
- Home Phone: 620-548-2279
- Shop: 620-548-2272
- Area of Availability:“My range is Charlene’s Meadow located in Mullinsville, KS”
- Cell: 563-343-5034
- Area of Availability:“Leave message if I don’t answer your call. Oak Hill Gun Club and I have my own private range”
- Cell: 518-572-1988
- Area of Availability:“I will use my home range a few miles from my house. The range is located in Gale NY.”
- Area of Availability:“I will help any new and or current shooters in the Southern Indiana area.”
- Phone: 800 455-0350
- Area of Availability:Ben Avery Benchrest Range, Phoenix, AZ